Have you been noticing the electrics in your home not working as well as they should? Or you want to know when you should get your home rewired? Keep reading to find out. An electrical home rewiring is the best way to keep your home and family safe for years to come.
Warning signs to look out for
Usually, if your home needs rewiring you will find one or more problems indicating this. If you notice any of the following signs in your home, contact our team ASAP to arrange an inspection of your electrical system...
- Fuses blowing or breakers tripping regularly
- Your electrical panel is over fused/ over amped
- Dimming or flickering lights (this suggests your circuit is overloaded or has a loose connection somewhere)
- Switches, cords or plygs feeling warm to the touch or showing signs of discolouration
- Lightbulbs frequently burning out (this suggests the fixture can't handle the bulb wattage so should be changed)
- Burning or sizzling sounds coming from anywhere
- A burning smell coming from anywhere
- Sparks coming from an outlet when you plug/unplug a cord
- Loose outlets
- Cracked, broken or damaged insulation
- Electric shocks from any part of your system, no matter how small it may have been
Other reasons to check out your electrical system
While you should always get your system checked out if you spot any of the above faults, you should also get it checked out periodically- just to stay on the safe side. If any of the following apply to your home, you should also consider getting your electrical system checked out...
- Your home is more than 40 years old and hasn't been rewired
- You rely on extension cords for power
- You have added a new appliance that could strain your system
- You have made large scale home improvements
- You have ungrounded, two-prong outlets
- The wiring in your home is aluminium- not copper
Need your home rewired in Glasgow?
We offer our home rewiring services based in Glasgow, covering Barrhead, Newton Mearns, Bearsden, Milngavie, Cambuslang, East Kilbride, Hamilton and all surrounding areas. Our team of electricians are great at what they do and are experts in their field. For any electrical work across Glasgow, look no further than HW UK Services Ltd! To get in touch with our team today, give us a call on 07518 884171, fill out the contact form on our website, or send us an email at email@example.com. We hope to hear from you soon!